In modern times where beauty and eternal youth are the things of paramount concern, it is no wonder that cosmetic dentistry has emerged into the forefront. Numerous patients choose to utilize many of the different procedures of cosmetic dentistry available in order to improve their smile. Cosmetic dentistry does not consider the treatment of dental health issues or the prevention of dental problems, the chief focus is on beautifying the appearance of a patient’s smile. Cosmetic dentistry is although not modern times’ Fountain of Youth but there are considerable advantages of using cosmetic surgery. A client who is wise enough will look at the issue from all aspects. It would not be too wise to say that cosmetic dentistry comes with no drawbacks; today most patients are happy and content with the outcome of their procedures.
The benefits of this field are too many. Given below are a few benefits:
1. Cosmetic dentistry produces results, what else could be a bigger benefit than this. People don’t have to live with chipped, cracked or broken teeth as these can now be fixed. Highly discolored teeth can be whitened again. In fact, most kinds of dental issues can be amended with cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry reduces signs of aging and leaves the patient feeling more youthful in appearance. It can also repair dental damage caused by trauma, developmental abnormalities, illness, infection, or heredity.
2. Good teeth, restore the lost self-confidence, in short perfect teeth take away the embarrassment that used to accompany decaying teeth and a person feels more at home with his appearance and also feel more comfortable when interacting with the people around.
3. Except for the rural or remote areas population the cosmetic dentistry is quite much in access of everyone. Contrary to other specialties of cosmetic surgery, dentistry has gained enough fairly popularity even in smaller urban areas. Although numerous dentists specialize in cosmetic dentistry most of the procedures used in cosmetic dentistry are not beyond the scope of general dentistry otherwise. This is why cosmetic dentistry is available to a vast population.
4. It would be wrong to say that cosmetic dentistry is very cheap, but with time and advancements in technology the price of many procedures used in cosmetic dentistry is getting lower. This makes it affordable to many more patients. Moreover, many dental insurance companies are planning to cover cosmetic dentistry procedures in their offers. So you must check if your insurance benefits cover the procedures or not.
5. Cosmetic dentistry leaves long lasting effects. Numerous other cosmetic procedures, cosmetic last as long as above 10 years’ time. This is of great advantage to patients as it puts a restraint on the amount of money and time that must be dedicated to the maintenance whatever the procedure done.
6. The duration of recovery from cosmetic dentistry is very short. Numerous other cosmetic procedures demand a long recovery period and involve great pain. Patients who use the cosmetic dentistry report not just a very short recovery span, but also very little pain in the recovery phase. Additionally, the success rate of these dental procedures is growing really high with time. Some studies revealed the success rates for cosmetic dental procedures to be up to the 90th percentile.
Before reaching to a final decision the patients should look at both the pros and cons and only then take the decision that seems best for him. The bottom line is that dental technology has given a fast, efficient and much cost efficient means of improving our smiles by using cosmetic dentistry.