Finding an affordable dentist can be tricky sometimes, but if you know where and how to look for one, you may find that low cost general dentistry services are out there. Don’t skimp out on dental care, as this can lead to larger dental issues down the road, such as a dental implants procedure. Untreated tooth decay is quite prevalent in the United States, with 28% of people 35 to 44 years old suffering from this dental health issue.
Below is a helpful list for affordable general family dentistry services
- FOAC: Financing on approved credit allows patients to make monthly payments in order to pay off their dental bill, all while having low or no interest rates.
- Dental schools: Dental schools will often offer various dental services at reduced prices because the majority of the dental procedures are done by dental students. No worries though, they are under supervision.
- Dental clinics: Finding a dentist for children doesn’t have to be a hassle if you can find a reliable dental clinic. Tooth decay is four times more common in those aged 14 to 17 years old than asthma, so search in your area to find a community dental clinic.
- Dental charities: These include a number of low-income dental outreach programs for little to no money at all. However, do note that free dental services are only for those with the lowest incomes.
- Public aid: An affordable dentist can come in the form of government assistance for people who meet certain requirements. Programs such as Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program exist for low-income families to have better dental hygiene.
- Clinical trials: Don’t be put off by the title. With 74% of adults in the U.S. believing that an unattractive smile could hurt their career success, it could be a good idea to volunteer for a clinical trial which will entitle you to a free or low cost dentist.
Times are certainly still tough these days, but nothing beats the benefits of having good oral hygiene (and, as a result, better overall health) by seeing an affordable dentist on a routine basis. Be sure to review your options and choose the best one for you and your family.